Sunday, November 23, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch

I love the winter. It just makes me want to hole up in my craft room and create.

A friend of mine recently found out she was pregnant and although I already congratulated her, there is nothing like receiving a handmade card.



I based my card off of this sketch. You'll notice that I altered my card a tad compared to the sketch, but lets start with the basics.

Since the pregnancy is still early and they won't be knowing the gender of the baby anytime soon, I wanted some paper which would be gender neutral. I wanted something fresh and fun and chose this paper from American Crafts and since I love pink chose my cardstock based off of the flower found in the paper.

My base layer cardstock, Cameo Corral, is 8.5x 5.5, folded in half to create a standard A2 card. Now, instead of having a longer panel, I stamped the left hand side of the card with a stampset from MS. I love the certain oommpphhh it gives it. I then layered the AC paper onto Summer Sun cardstock punched with the scallop edge. I took some retired In Color ribbon from last year and looped that around the Summer Sun layer and slid it through a flower ribbon slide. Now, I stamped my sentiment onto a piece of acetate, adhered sticky tape onto the left edge and adhered that to the ribbon. I added the final element, which were the flowers, also from AC, put a flower brad through them and popped up on dimensionals to the card.

I absolutely love this card(!) and will be sad to see it leave!

Thanks for looking!


The Deets:
Stamps: Absolutely Fabulous (109493)
Paper: Cameo Corral (100475), Summer Fun (103124), American Crafts paper, Acetate
Ink: Basic Black (101179)
Accessories: Retired ribbon, Hodgepodge hardware (111325), felt flowers from American Crafts

No comments: